In addition to its programme of research workshops, ICMS undertakes various projects that help further its aims.
- Knowledge Transfer Activities - descriptions of and links to activities designed to create links between the business
community and academics.
- Research-in-Groups Programme - a programme enabling small groups to undertake intensive collaboration lasting between two weeks and three months.
- Scottish Mathematical Sciences Training Centre ICMS provides adminstrative support for this inter-University project.
- Royal Society of Edinburgh Proceedings A Mathematics
Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society
ICMS manages mathematical research journals on behalf of Royal Society of Edinburgh and the Edinburgh Mathematical Society.
- Events for the public - ranging from public lectures to walking tours, art exhibitions and open days.
- Scottish Support for AIMS: The James Clerk Maxwell Fund ICMS administers this fund, which enables Scottish-based mathematicians to undertake teaching or other supportive activities at one of the AIMS centres.
- Generic Skills Course for Mathematics Postgraduates - organised jointly with the Edinburgh Mathematical Society.
- ICMS provided adminstrative support and a venue for Bridging the Gaps Between Engineering and Mathematics in the Edinburgh Research Partnership
- Mathematics of Planet Earth 2013 - ICMS is a partner institute in this intitative and is planning a number of workshops and public event over the course of the year.
- Film and discussion events in 2009 as part of Edinburgh International Science Festival and at other times.
- ICMS managed the Environmental Mathematics and Statistics Workshops on
behalf of NERC and EPSRC. These workshops fostered collaborations
between the mathematical/statistical and life/environmental science
Further information: EMSW
Scottish Industrial Networking Initiative in Mathematical Sciences,
which facilitated collaboration between companies and universities on
industrially motivated mathematical or computational problems.
Further information: SINIMS | Report
ICMS ran the Maths Year 2000 Scotland project on behalf of the Scottish
Executive with the objective of raising the profile of mathematics by
providing resources for schools and presenting series of public events
to promote mathematics.
Further Information: MY2K Scotland review
- Studentships run by Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland (BioSS) and ICMS.