Evaluation of Workshops by the Programme Committee
Each workshop will be evaluated. The appointed 'Reader' for the proposal/workshop will take the lead in the evaluation.
The Reader will be sent:
- The Organiser’s Scientific Report
- A list of participants and details of the schedule and talks
- A summary of questionnaire responses produced by the Centre Manager
- An organisational/financial report produced by the Centre Manager
The Reader will be asked to respond to the following:
- Did the workshop deviate significantly from the original proposal? (Y/N)
- Was the research quality of the workshop high?
- In terms of a suitable mix of high-quality participants
- Meeting of stated aims and objectives
- Benefit to participants
- Is the workshop likely to have a high impact?
- In the UK
- In disciplines outside mathematics
- Were the resources suitably allocated? (Y/N)
The Reader will give a scored response to each part of questions 2 and 3 (1 = excellent; 2 = very good; 3 = satisfactory; 4 = unsatisfactory; or n/a) and a short comment on the meeting’s achievements.
The Reader’s assessment will be circulated to the entire Committee (along with the scientific report, participants & schedule, questionnaire responses and financial report). Discussion will be invited and an overall score decided.
The agreed evaluation will be passed to the Organiser and to EPSRC in the ICMS annual report.